segunda-feira, 28 de setembro de 2020

Hopefully...

... beauty will reach you ... don't despair ... and stay away from where you are now ... go outside ... and stay there... openly and hopefully...

Image source: Print screen from here


Quem diz de amor fazer que os actos não são

                                                              [belos

que sabe ou sonha de beleza? Quem

sente que suja ou é sujado por fazê-los

que goza de si mesmo e com alguém?


Só não é belo o que se não deseja

ou que ao nosso desejo mal responde.

E suja ou é sujado que não seja

feito do ardor que se não nega ou esconde.


Que gestos há mais belos que os do sexo?

Que corpo belo é menos belo em movimento?

E que mover-se um corpo no de um outro o

                                                       [amplexo

não é dos corpos o mais puro intento?


Olhos se fechem não para não ver

mas para o corpo ver o que eles não,

e no silêncio se ouça o só ranger

da carne que é da carne a só razão.


Jorge de Sena, Arte de Amar, 1971


A Woman Waits for Me


A woman waits for me, she contains all, nothing is lacking,
Yet all were lacking if sex were lacking, or if the moisture of the
right man were lacking.

Sex contains all, bodies, souls,

Meanings, proofs, purities, delicacies, results, promulgations,
Songs, commands, health, pride, the maternal mystery, the seminal
milk,
All hopes, benefactions, bestowals, all the passions, loves, beauties,
delights of the earth,
All the governments, judges, gods, follow’d persons of the earth,
These are contain’d in sex as parts of itself and justifications of
itself.
Without shame the man I like knows and avows the deliciousness
of his sex,

Without shame the woman I like knows and avows hers.

Now I will dismiss myself from impassive women,
I will go stay with her who waits for me, and with those women
that are warm-blooded and sufficient for me,
I see that they understand me and do not deny me,
I see that they are worthy of me, I will be the robust husband
of those women.
They are not one jot less than I am,
They are tann’d in the face by shining suns and blowing winds,
Their flesh has the old divine suppleness and strength,
They know how to swim, row, ride, wrestle, shoot, run, strike,
retreat, advance, resist, defend themselves,
They are ultimate in their own right—they are calm, clear, well-
possess’d of themselves.

Walt Whitman, Children of Adam, 1867

Sem comentários: